Sunday 17 July 2011

On the road to recovery! by yolande


It’s been a long road to recovery since being re-diagnosed with cyclists iliac artery syndrome in October last year but after having surgery in April, a long 8 weeks off the bike and slow months build up back into normal training which included a number of near drowning experiences finding my swimming legs which formed part of my rehabilitation (Hats off to swimmers and Triathletes!) I'm finally back on my Mountain bike :). Small steps at the moment but I'm sure I'll find my racing legs again soon! 

This set back unfortunately put a giant spanner in my racing season and Team MTN/Qhubeka's goal to race the World XC Cup series however the time off has only increased my motivation and I'm looking forward to returning to racing stronger both physically and mentally

Thanks Doug Ryder, Team MTN Qhubeka, Activeworx, @Pcordesracing and all my sponsors for your understanding and support through this time!


Legend Gorge MTB Race Weekend

After my long break it was great to start getting back into the MTBiking vibe this weekend joining the MTN/Qhubeka MTB team for the Legend Gorge MTB race.

I did not race but rode the 30km half-marathon route helping some of the riders that had fallen prey to technical problems and giving out some advice on bike-handling through thick sand.
It was a good feeling to spend time on my Volcan again and sharpen up my rusty technical skills a little on the sandy rocky course. It also served to intensify my hunger to start racing again!

Congrats to my teammates for their great results in the 70km marathon event; Adrien 2nd, Paul 3rd and Charles 5th!

Volcans at Legend
Thanks @Advendurance for the invite and Legend Gorge Golf Estate and Lodge for a fantastic event and weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.

    Nice of you to dish out advice at the Legend Gorge race. Bet it was great to be back on the bike, even if you weren't racing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.