Wednesday 22 August 2012

Time to Taper f or SA Champs in Wellington - Amy McDougall


With a tough three weeks of training done; tough because of the howling winds, freezing weather and even some snow. I am glad I managed to grit my teeth and do the base miles regardless!

My training previously, was higher intensity in preparation for SA Cross Country champs in July and since then has been more time in the saddle which has prepared me for the tough Marathon coming up this weekend in Wellington. I am looking forward to the race as I hear it is very technical, which is my biggest strength, not to mention loads of fun!!



My trusty, light and fast Team Edition Ghost bike has just been serviced at Ballistic Bike Trading and is in tip top shape, ready to take whatever this tough course has to offer!

I am flying down with Yolande Speedy and staying with family in Cape Town who stay (conveniently) a few km from Tokai Forest. We are spending a few extra days down there which will be undoubtedly spent exploring and making the most out of the great trails down there!

My exciting weekend (and some) will of course be recorded with my Bryton Rider 40, which I have become completely reliant on during and after my training!

Until then, keep the rubber side down!
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.