Tuesday 23 July 2013

Jozi Night Rider and SA National duathlon - Sonika Le Grange

Jip baby!! What an adventurous weekend!! Well done to all asg_PYcycling team mates with great results, the future is looking bright !

On Friday, 19 July I arrived at the Jozi Night Rider with seconds to spare with  Academy rider Jacques Pretorius already lined up to start. . . Like always it was great fun and very cold ar the Heia Safari Ranch venue, pleased to say Jacques came 4th overall and myself in 2nd women overall. Well done ASG for another successful event!

On Sunday,  21 July I did my very first duathlon. I am still very impressed with the outstanding organisation of the race. I can honestly say the SA National Duathlon was the hardest race I have finished!
The day started out very cold and windy but after the nice warm-up with Christine Popich the legs begun defrosting. The route was flat but very fast, I got cramps in the first 5km run but luckily my HIGH 5 drink fixed it right up... the race went smoothly with a well balanced route. Looking forward to doing another duathlon soon!








I'm happy with my 2nd place in Junior cat, Well done Christine Popich with the win!
Great racing this weekend well done al l the PYcycling "maatjies" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.