Wednesday 23 October 2013

Beast of the East - Edwill O'Neill

Myself, Kyle and Jacques decided we will take on the Beast of the East race on Saturday. I had quite a solid week of training, my legs where a bit tired but I felt good enough to put myself on the start line. 

The 67 km route was very flat and bumpy which normally means it’s going to be like a tactical road race, after the start a group of 9 riders broke away, with all three of the ASG PYcycling riders in the group. Barend Burger of Single Track Cycles broke away after 30 km of racing. The rest of us fought it out to the end taking turns in front of the group snaking through the Rosemary hill single track. 
It really helped having 2 team mates with me in the group doing their part in the group and loving every moment of it. The pace got quicker at the 10 km to go mark, I held on for dear life and ended up 8th overall 4th open men.

Congratulations to Jacques for finishing his first marathon. And Kyle for showing what it means to "byt vas"

Edwill



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.