Wednesday 2 October 2013

TT World Champs - Neville Ackermann



It was a very technical route that some found too daunting, with a tough climb out of the valley. It started with a drag of 2.5 km then a steep descent with hairpin bends and some narrow streets through the village bellow.



I chose to ride with due caution, concentrating on building speed out of every corner. We then started the rolling section with more bends and bridges, shooting between houses and vineyards. Then a hard right and a 2 km climb of 12% landed us 5 km from home on a steady drag to the line.

I rode to the plan that I had practiced and felt satisfied with my effort. The results were delayed by about 4 hours but it was only at the ceremony that evening when I saw them hanging our flag ready to hoist that I truly believed I had a gold medal and a rainbow jersey to proudly take home.



My thanks to the a[s]g P Y cycling team for having me as a member and a special thanks to my wife Patsy and Paul and Yolande for their support. It has been a tough year with many frustrations but some great highlights.

Thanks to all for their well wishes and congratulations. I am truly thrilled to have taken gold!
Neville

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.