Tuesday 21 May 2013

ASG Jozi Night Race 17 May - Sonika Le Grange


It was cold and dark, quite scary but nothing I couldn't handle!

Friday was the best night race yet. It was at a different venue and less competitors this time. Thank goodness teammate Amy McDougall wasn't there my legs were tired after a hard days netbal practise, I couldn't bare the though of racing next to her!



6 o'clock sharp the race started... directly into a climb. We raced in great single track! Although the Rosemary hill venue had more technical spots it was still not as tough as Heia Safari Ranch because of all the steep climbs.
I pushed as hard as I could my high 5 drink came in handy fast!

I was leading in the womens race. I found myself all alone in one single track, it was scary, all of a sudden I heard a windy sound I had a sidewall cut! A few men came past but no one could help. Never in my life would I have guess I had to run 4km in the dark pushing my bike, me and my bike had a great time bonding! ... my gap between 2nd place and the rest of the women was big enough to take the win.
Afterwards they congratulated us with some high 5 gels and a big fire.



The venue and prizes were great. Thank you Heia Safari Ranch for a great visit!  Well done to Louis Blom with his second place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.