Thursday 6 June 2013

SA Champs- Induna - Danielle Rheeder

This was my first SA Champs Marathon race. I was very keen to see what a SA marathon race would be like. I was a bit nervous as to what the course would be like. I expected it to be more difficult than Sabie and Baberton. This year has been a really good year for me so far and I'm very happy with all my results especially with SA Champs.


At the start I was very relaxed but it only lasted for the first km. Until we hit the first climb my legs started to burn which means more exercise !! Jessica got away on the first climb and I also made a big gap between me and the rest of the girls. The course was fantastic at Induna! It was fast and flowing , there was a lot of awesome single track. I really enjoyed it!

About 20 km into the race I was still second Junior lady , I was riding with a few guys and somehow we took the wrong turn. At
least I only went wrong direction for 1 km . Everyone turned around so we had to get back on track. I lost a bit of time and I didn't knew if I were still in second place so I gave it my all to make up for lost time. When I got on track again Jessica passed me just when I realized she also took the wrong turn. I was trying to chase her for a few kilometers but she got away again.

I worked hard till the end and gave it my best even though I didn't knew what to expect. I finished my race as second Junior lady and 5th woman overall. This was a great experience for me. I'm very happy with my second place on SA Champs!



Danielle Rheeder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.